Wednesday, August 7, 2013

My Summer Must Haves

So this summer I was horrible about posting considering it has been ten weeks since I last posted…oops. I wanted to post weekly, but whenever I had a day off from work, all I wanted to do was absolutely nothing, especially since my job consisted of working with kids for ten hours straight. Now that I am in the dog days of summer, I am looking back over the past months and am realizing that I had a few must haves. So here is a list of my summer must haves.

Rimmel lipsticks have become my new favorite. Since I don’t wear heavy eye makeup, I like to have a bold lip, and these lipsticks have great pigment. Not only do they come in great colors, but they smell amazing, which seems kind of odd considering that they are lipsticks and not lip glosses. Rimmel has a line of lipsticks by Kate Moss called Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick, that are to die for and I have two of them. The first one I bought is 109, which is an orange with a peachy undertone. The second one I bought is 111, Kiss of Life, which is a bright red with blue undertones. In the picture I am wearing Kiss of Life, along with BareMinerals, and my favorite sunglasses, but I will talk about those a bit further down. Not in the Kate Moss line, but still apart of the Lasting Finish Lipsticks is 070, Airy Fairy, which is a neutral (not nude) lip color. I wear these almost daily, and without a lipstick on my lips feel naked.

Neutrogena Clear Face Sunblock is an absolute must for me during the summer not only because I am afraid of any sort of skin damage, but also because I am so pale and burn so easily. The sunblock is reasonably priced and is a great quality. It is break-out free and rubs in completely so it doesn’t make my skin whiter than it already is. I wear both the SPF 30 and SPF 55, and would highly recommend either to anybody looking for a sensitive skin sunblock. I used this on days that I knew I was going to out in the sun quite a bit, like on pool days or at track meets.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture SPF 15 is also great. On days when I am just out and about and not constantly in the sun, this moisturizer is great. It isn’t oily and makeup goes on easily over top of it. I was lucky enough to get a bunch of sample size bottles from a college night at Target, and have yet to purchase an actual bottle. But when I run out of the sample bottles, I definitely plan on purchasing some more.

BareMinerals foundation has been my go to foundation since I started wearing makeup. I
can use it very lightly just to slightly cover any spots, but you can put a bit more on for great coverage. Both ways feel super light on my skin, and not cakey, which is great for summer. The foundation comes in a loose powder in either original or matte, and also comes in a pressed powder. Recently I started using the concealer as well, and am very happy with the results when put on dark circles under my eyes. BareMinerals comes in a range of colors for both warm and cool skin tones, and as I mentioned, go on easily over the Neutrogena sunscreens.


The perfect summer sunglasses are cheap and cute, which I have managed to make the perfect
collection of. My favorite pair is my black slightly cat-eyed sunglasses, which I bought and mentioned in my spring break haul post. When I’m feeling a bit spunkier I decide to throw on my navy with turquoise polka dots pair. I even have a pair of brown tortoise shell sunglasses from the 80’s that my grandma gave me. Over the years I have managed to collect so many pairs, and no two are alike.



My Fossil watch that I purchased this summer has quickly become my favorite piece of jewelry to wear, and if I forget to put it on for the day my wrist feels empty. I love how the white band is so bright with the silver of the watch.  Also it feels more classic because I just simply glance at my wrist to catch the time while most others have to pull out their phone.

Keds are such a classic shoe, and I have fallen in love with them. The red pair I purchased a few months back is so easy to throw on with a dress or a pair of jeans. Plus if I am going anywhere with a lot of walking involved, I can easily throw on my Keds and look fashionable instead of throwing on a pair of trainers. At this point I am even considering another pair, but can’t decide on what color. Any suggestions?

My Ralph Lauren pinstriped short sleeve button down has become a summer staple because it is so
easy to throw on with a pair of shorts (especially my new J. Crew shorts). My mom knows me so well when it comes to what clothes I like, so when she saw this cute little shirt in pink and white, she knew that it was perfect for me. Dressed up or dressed down, this shirt was a must have for my summer wardrobe.

I purchased two pairs of J. Crew chinos and am so happy with them. They have an inseam of 5 inches, which covers my bottom, and the width of the leg is the perfect fit for my athletically built legs. Just like my button down, these shorts are easy to throw on for any kind of day, and look super cute. I even feel comfortable wearing them to church! They come in so many different colors, but I managed to stick with just the white and the pink, but I would definitely purchase more.

Summer is one of my favorite times of the year because it is so easy going, and I am quite sad to say that it is coming to an end. But the end of summer means that school is fast approaching and fall is right around the corner. Sweater season here I come! Until Next Wednesday…

Fashionately,
 Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Love all these picks! Especially the Kate Moss lipstick.. They're amazing!

    xx
    Talia
    www.thinkwearstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!
    Congratulations I have just nominated you for a Liebster Award! Please read all the details about completing your nomination here at my new post! http://gracecertified.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/liebster-awards.html
    I can't wait to hear back from you!

    Grace Elizabeth
    xox

    ReplyDelete